Gods of the Old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the chaotic realm of Terra, the Old Gods roam freely among the lands as they play an ever lasting game against each other, using nothing more than mortals as their pawns.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Galmdrag

Galmdrag

Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor Empty
PostSubject: Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor   Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:39 am

Galmdrag paced back and forth within his private chambers. It had come to his attention he had not offered anything to the God of the Hunt in quite awhile. He believed he owed the god for allowing him safe passage through the desert, and for his skill with the bow. His offering this time needed to be something very important to make up for his lacking tributes.

Galmdrag snorted as he got an idea... His bow on his back, that he had had for decades, would serve as a perfect tribute. He believed sacrificing the bow would also allow him to let go of his past and move on, and so he went with it. Placing the bow and quiver of arrows upon an altar Galmdrag bowed slightly down. "Oh, Great Theff, God of the Hunt. Forgive my rudeness for not following my routine tributes. On this day I offer you a far greater sacrifice to make up for my misdeeds. I give you my bow, that I have treasured as a perfect weapon for most of my life. It has served me in my hunt well, and so I see it fit to be in your name. If you hear me, Lord Theff, please accept this offering..."
Back to top Go down
Theff

Theff

PostSubject: Re: Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor   Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:53 am

As soon as the words were spoken, a green flash seemed to light the room. The sound of bird's wings and the growl's of lions could be heard. Then, it all seemed to vanish, along with the bow. Standing in front of the great chief was Theff, the God of the Hunt. Theff stared at the aged centaur. "Your bow? As a noble follower you know the bow is the most cherished thing a follower of mine has, and yours has served you well. Your offering is greatly accepted." The bow seemed to reappear in Theff's hand and smmed to explode in a fury of wooden splinters. "And since you are now in need of a bow, and you have given me the ultimate sacrafice, I will gift you with a bow with th epowers of my own." Theff drew his bow from his back and held it in his left hand. In his right hand, seemed to form the same bow. Both bows were dark brown in color, and had ivory patterns etched into them. They were large, and had strong and thick strings. Theff placed the bow in front of Galmdrag. "Rise, Galmdrag. Know now you have been blessed by Theff, and are a champion of the forest!" With that, there was another loud green flash and the sounds of bird's wings and lion's growls were louder than ever, and with a rustle of wind, the Mnor god og the Hunt was gone, just as quickly as he had appeared.
Back to top Go down
Galmdrag

Galmdrag

PostSubject: Re: Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor   Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:25 am

Awestruck and without words, Galmdrag marveled at the bow. Slowly, he took it up and looked at it's amazing design. If it truly was the same bow as Theff, then it would never miss it's target, and was truly a bow of the hunt. Galmdrag was greatly thankful for this gift, and he was sure to follow Theff for his lifetime now. To be a Champion of the Forest, it was a great honor indeed. This bow would surely bring him more victories in battle, and further raise his exalted status.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor   Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaining the God of the Hunt's favor
Page 1 of 1