Gods of the Old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the chaotic realm of Terra, the Old Gods roam freely among the lands as they play an ever lasting game against each other, using nothing more than mortals as their pawns.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gaining the Sun God's Favor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Olran

Olran

Race : Centaur
Allegiance : Occasus, The Flame of the Sky

Character sheet
Blessings, Equipment, Etc:

Gaining the Sun God's Favor Empty
PostSubject: Gaining the Sun God's Favor   Gaining the Sun God's Favor Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Olran galloped slwoly through the hot, endless dunes of the desert. He blinked and whiper sweat from his brow. The hot sun burned his chest and stomach red with sunburn, but that was not the only thing that plagued his stomach. The desperation of hunger took a tole on him. Days earlier he had spotted a large salamander. Perfect for eating... He had chased in for days on end, but the endless sun made it too hard for his pursuit. He gave out hours before. He looked into the leather suppy bacg he carried over his arm. There was a little meat left. He stopped and got into the closest thing to a sitting position a Centaur could and prepared to eat. he blinked and the suns blazing heat gave him a reminder. Sacrafice to the gods, as he was always taught. He looked up and the endless usn and placed the meat of the burning sand. "Oh ye great Occasus! The last of the food I carry with myself, I offer to you as a sacrafice!" He called out. It was the last of his food, but maybe, just maybe, he could find that salamander again.
Back to top Go down
Occasus
Admin
Occasus

Race : God
Allegiance : Mahself

PostSubject: Re: Gaining the Sun God's Favor   Gaining the Sun God's Favor Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 pm

The wind roared and the air heated.. If Olran looked up it would appear as if the sun was literally falling to the sky.. But no, as seconds passed it was clear the flaming object had seemed to drop from the sun itself. Fire engulfed Occasus as he descended from the Sun Temple to Terra. Sand and earth sprayed and filled the air upon his impact, the flame that engulfed him vanishing into nothing. "Mmhmm, such devotion. To sacrifice a meal that could have otherwise saved you, you have caught the eye of Occasus. Rise, young centaur. For Occasus has accepted your offering. You are indeed a great follower to myself, and for it you must be rewarded." Occasus noticed the centaur was carrying a bow, yet his arrows were quite lacking. "A marksman, are we? Yes, yes, a favorite choice of weapon myself." He motioned to the bow holstered on his backside. "Indeed, I shall grant you a copy of my own beloved bow... It need not arrows, for it shoots fire and heat itself. Let the burning flame that is your soul and devotion guide it." With his left hand, he lowered his palm, and with his right hand, he raised his palm. Simultaneously his offering of meat seemed to disintegrate to ashes as his bow did the same.. Though, as the bow's outer layer burned a new layer emerged. It was clean, made of pure material, and nearly unbreakable. Made of dragon bone and skin and enchant with flames from the sun itself, it was an exact copy of the bow Occasus used(See my signature pic). As Occasus said, the bow did not need arrows to shoot. When released, the string would send a bolt of flames spiraling towards the destination. It was truly one of the greatest bows known to Terra, an ultimate prize for a follower of Occasus. "Go now, my child. Live on, and continue your journey... A city lay near here not too far away. Go on to live, hunt, and fight in my name. From here on the sun's gaze shall always be following you." With that, a thundering roar of one of the fiery steeds pulling the sun chariot could be heard as it descended to retrieve Occasus. In a flash the Sun god had returned to his temple, leaving Olran with his new bow and new hope. He had great hopes for this young centaur now, it had been long since he had raised a champion of good worth.
Back to top Go down
https://godsoto.forumotion.com
Olran

Olran

Race : Centaur
Allegiance : Occasus, The Flame of the Sky

Character sheet
Blessings, Equipment, Etc:

PostSubject: Re: Gaining the Sun God's Favor   Gaining the Sun God's Favor Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Olran blinked several times ,looking from his god, from the ashes of meat to his new bow. He had not learned praise enough to express his thanks. He marveled at the craftsmanship of his new bow, and stared at the sun for a moment, in thanks, before turning his gaze to the sand around him. He had new purpose to find food now, rather than just to live, but now to live longer and further impress his god. His eyes flashed from side to side as he noticed a familiar looking salamander. Olran grinned and picked up his new bow and drew back the string. Perhaps being lost in the desert is not that bad...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaining the Sun God's Favor   Gaining the Sun God's Favor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaining the Sun God's Favor
Page 1 of 1